Deadline by Chris Crutcher

“Deadline” is an interesting topic on life and death and is full of suspense and is action packed. With an unusual and sad topic that Crutcher had to have touched everyone that read this book.
Beginning his senior year Ben decides to go for his two biggest dreams in life. First he quits cross country and goes out for football even though he only weighs 123 pounds. Second he goes after the girl of his dreams, Dallas Suzuki. But living in his star quarterback of a brother’s shadow, Ben is propelled to the same status as him with some help. But he also finds out two major things that would affect him forever, one about Dallas and one about himself.
Crutcher uses an interesting and pretty basic style of writing that I know the reader will really like. He has a special way of writing that makes you not want to put the book down. He is one of my favorite authors ever and I would recommend any of his books that he writes.
This is a very interesting and unusual book. It made me think many times about two of death and about life as well.
I liked this book a lot. I would recommend it to any person that loves reading. I am going to read many of Crutcher’s books in the future and would recommend it to many other people as well.