A Girl's Guide to College | Teen Ink

A Girl's Guide to College MAG

By Anonymous

     What should you pack? How will you make your dorm room look great? And how do you find out all the things you should know before freshman year?

For those of us who don't have an older sister, relative or friend already in college, A Girl's Guide to College will give you the answers. Maynigo starts off with tips for making the most of the summer before college, then gives advice on doing laundry, getting along with roommates, classes, decorating, personal finances and just about anything else you might be wondering about. You'll be happy to have this advice before arriving on campus!

Maynigo also covers the important topic of taking care of yourself, which includes eating right, taking time to relax and learning to cope with stress. She talks about developing a social life as well as how to handle parties, drinking, sex, guys, dating and friends. A Girl's Guide to College is sprinkled with quotes and passages from real girls on all these topics. Maynigo breaks down her advice into 21 tips listed at the end of the book.

Reading A Girl's Guide to College is like getting advice from your best friend and older sister at the same time. Maynigo presents her topic in an upbeat tone. It may very well make you wish you were leaving for college a little sooner.