Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

During a stuffy business meeting, Becky has only one thing on her mind: the green Denny and George scarf on sale. All she needs is £20 and it will be hers. While everyone around her listens to the presentation, a horrible image of someone else getting that gorgeous scarf flashes in her mind. Becky inadvertently screams out, “I'm desperate. I need 20 quid!” Suddenly, the room falls silent and all eyes are on her.

This is just another day in Becky's hilarious life. Confessions of a Shopaholic follows this British financial journalist as she tries to pay all her bills without missing any sales.

I loved the steady stream of unpredictable and comical events. Throughout the book, Becky tries her best to pay her debts. If the lottery won't do it, then maybe earning more money or cutting back on ­shopping will.

Author Sophie Kinsella creates vivid characters. For example, Becky's best friend, Suze, is so realistic you may think she is based on your best friend, the one who never leaves you in your worst moments.

Becky's ignorance and foolishness sometimes made me want to go into the book and give her a good shake. However, her humor and how she always fixes her problems make her flaws forgiveable.

Confessions of a Shopaholic is phenomenal for a rainy day or before a good night's rest. It's well worth buying – even if it means passing up that stunning bag.

SandraD said...
Fantastic book, read like a day in my life (self-professed shop-a- holic)...<br /> great little product for all fellow shopaholics - the Yoke Shopper - click all your bags on and put on your shoulder so you can, er - carry on shopping!!