Angela’s Ashes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

From the minute I opened Angela’s Ashes, I was utterly riveted, entertained and horrified. This is the story of young Frankie living in Limerick, Ireland with his drunken father, struggling mother and siblings. The edgy, dark humor and matter-of-fact tone make this thoughtful account hugely enjoyable.

McCourt, when talking about his poverty-stricken childhood, could have induced self-pity, but instead he chooses a narrative voice that allows him to return to Frankie the child in a way that endears his character to the reader. By doing this, I did not feel overloaded with his own feelings of pity.

Lily">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 2:09 pm
i love this !