Serial Killers and Mass Murderers by Nigel Cawthorne | Teen Ink

Serial Killers and Mass Murderers by Nigel Cawthorne

November 15, 2009
By jdeluca GOLD, Bedford, New York
jdeluca GOLD, Bedford, New York
11 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Serial Killers and Mass Murderers
by Nigel Cawthorne, Ulysses Press, 2007,
327 pp., $14.95, ISBN 978-1-56975-578-5


Ever wonder why that kid on the block -
a neighbor, co-worker, a family member, or even a close friend - turned into a killer? Nigel Cawthorne takes you into the lives of many infamous killers such as the Zodiac Killer, Charles Manson, the Yorkshire Ripper, and Jeffrey Dahmer to explain possible reasons for their need to kill. Most people just assume that all serial killers and mass murderers had a terrible childhood and that is why they went on to become the monsters they were, but there are other reasons as well.

This book was exceptionally good. I always thought, how could a book possibly be scary? It is not like a movie where things pop out at you. I was wrong. This is the first book I have ever read that is truly terrifying and I did not even think any book could be frightening! I advise those interested in reading this book to be aware of incredibly disturbing descriptions. The book was also organized well and each killer was put into separate chapters. It deserves five out of five stars even though some of the readers will not like the content. I recommend this to those above the age of thirteen because it is non-fiction. Serial Killers and Mass Murderers will leave your blood cold, your face numb, and make you realize, every step you take is a step closer to death.


The author's comments:
This book is one of the best books I have ever read and I am extremely picky about reading.