The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan | Teen Ink

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

What if strange things just started happening to you? Would you just sit around thinking about it or go do something about it? The main character in this book is Percy Jackson, who is not a normal kid. He is the son of the sea god, Poseidon. During the book, he is on a special quest with the help of two friends.

Percy Jackson is a student at Yancy Academy. He is a dyslexic kid, and he has ADHD. On a field trip to a museum, Percy is attacked by his Pre-Algebra teacher, Mrs. Dodds, or as the others call her, the Kindly Ones. After this attack, Percy is sent to Camp Half-Blood. During his time, he finds out he is the son of Poseidon while playing capture the flag. He is then offered a quest to retrieve the stolen Zeus’s master bolt, one of the most powerful weapons in the world. He is aided by two of his friends, Annabeth and Grover. Along the way, they face many obstacles that hinder their quest. But who actually stole the bolt? Its up to you to find out.

Rick Roirdan, the author of this series, is a fantastic author. In every single chapter comes along a new problem with surprises. The book is amazing since it deals with failure, triumph, and more. When I first starting reading the book, I was sort of not into it, but as soon as I got deeper into the story, the more interesting it became. I was only on page seventy something when I decided to read more since I felt that I wouldn’t finish. But when I got done with some more chapters, I wasn’t thinking that I had to do it for a book report or something, but that I had to finish it and go onto the next book. It turns out that I finished the book the same day!

I recommend this book to anyone who likes suspense, adventure, thrill, and more.