Fire by Kristin Cashore | Teen Ink

Fire by Kristin Cashore

By Nick Brunelle BRONZE, Aurora, Illinois
Nick Brunelle BRONZE, Aurora, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Fire
By Kristin Cashore
The book Fire, written by Kristin Cashore, demonstrates the cruelty and hatred people feel towards someone different from them. This book is a companion, not a sequel, to the book Graceling, also written by Kristin Cashore. It happens before and during Graceling, but takes place beyond the mountains. We are taken into a world beyond the Great Grays, a land where there are creatures of unimaginable horror, creatures called monsters.
A monster is a variation of a regular animal, but the fur, skin, claws, feather, etc., are stunning colors such as magenta, baby blue, gold, black, silver, green, and more. They are creatures that are more vicious than normal, and thirst each others blood above all. These monsters also have powers. They are incredibly alluring to humans and other animals, and can control others minds.
There have only been two human monsters in history. One, Cansrel, a man who used his alluring blue and silver head of hair to torment people, and his daughter, Fire, who has hair the color of fire itself. The story takes place after Cansrel has died, and follows Fire's adventures with her lover, Archer, and her interactions with the royal court. Those of you who have read Graceling, you will find out how Leck lost his eye.
This book is rich in romance, suspense, and especially character development. Kristin Cashore brings out feelings of helplessness, confusion, and love perfectly in her new novel. Those of you who have read Graceling will be immensely satisfied with Fire, and those that have not will find it a great introduction into the world of the Middluns.

I hope people will be interested to read the book after reading this review.

on Apr. 13 2011 at 12:16 pm
AnnaBaldwin BRONZE, Hixson, Tennessee

“There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.”
-- Howard Zinn

I found this book boring. Fire held no fire in her and seemed better suited at the side of a man. She is not my idea of a good role model for girls. sorry.

on Dec. 7 2009 at 8:41 pm
Nick Brunelle BRONZE, Aurora, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
Thanks for the review. Try reading Graceling!

on Dec. 6 2009 at 7:39 pm
meganflutefire BRONZE, Roanoke, Virginia
I just finished reading Fire. I loved it so much I finished it in three days!!!!