Inside the Eagles: The Untold Story by Matthew John | Teen Ink

Inside the Eagles: The Untold Story by Matthew John

Inside the Eagles: Untold Story, Steve Malaxos, of W.A'S favourite footballing sons. Steve Malaxos was born in June 19, 1961 his first club was Claremont against Swan Districts in 1979. He played 151 games for Claremont, 9 for Hawthorn, 66 for the Eagles, 3 for East Fremantle and 2 state games. In the first book on the Eagles colourful history, Malaxos tells the untold stories through the eyes of the players, what did the players really think of John Todd? The Eagles greatest triumphs and the drama of the finals?

The Eagles are one of the successful teams in the AFL made of some of the best players in the game. The Eagles were unstoppable in the nineties with their highly skilled players, like Chris Mainwaring, Ross Glendinning, Dean Kemp, Chris Lewis, John Worsfold, and Guy McKenna.

1989 was a lamentable season for witch started in worst on record in the short history of the club, while their efforts in 1990 produced a mixed reaction from the players, officials and club administrators. They had a real chance to slip up into a more successful year in 1991.

At the beginning of the 1990 season the Eagles focused on each game with a long-range vision of making the finals. After the lows of 1989, despite the flourishing finish, a possible finals appearance was treated as a long shot by many critics.

As the season progressed, though the intensity built and the Eagles emerged as definite final prospects. There appeared to be a feeling that a victory would justify the whole season. No other state had won a finals match.

The book provides information about the Eagles and how they grow up until their first finals appearance.