Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl | Teen Ink

Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl is a very inspirational and moving journal that should be read by everyone, especially students. Not only will many relate to it, but it is valuable for both the mind and the heart. Touching and poignant, the story reveals the history of World War II, unforgettable people, and lessons that will stay in your heart forever.

While reading Anne Frank, I learned lots about what really happened during World War II. It was an unimaginable horror: millions of innocent people dying at the hands of biased obsession. Reading this really took me back to 1944 and put me right there in the Secret Annex with its residents, holding my breath as Nazi troops passed by on the streets below.

The wisdom I gained will remain with me forever. Now I see the Holocaust as something more than a tragedy we learn about in school: it seems more real, more horrific, and somehow bigger and worse than I had imagined.

Each character clearly has its own personality, ranging from extremely argumentative to unbelievably gregarious, and each adds a different flavor to the journey. I truly felt connected to these eight hiding away, as if I had known them forever. Sometimes, it was as if Anne and I were best friends, sitting there and talking. Other times I could feel Mrs. Van Daan's stinging comments.

Knowing these people were real, that they lived and died at the hands of the Nazis, brought an interesting perspective to the story. These weren't made-up characters, they once walked this earth. In the end, I felt attached to them and their stories, and I know other students will, too.

No one can read The Diary of Anne Frank and not take away a very valuable lesson. Focusing on the problems of growing up, dealing with tough times, and the never-ending power of hope, these concepts really strengthened my morals and virtues. Throughout the book, young people will be able to relate to Anne's quarrels with her sister and parents, and everyone understands how hard it is to face your biggest fears. Anne will teach us all something to save forever: I know she taught me.

After reading this treasured book, I felt humbled, more knowledgeable and genuinely touched. Anne Frank's diary will help everyone through the toughest and most confusing times with her famous words, “Despite everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.”

WeirdosUnite GOLD, Prairie Farm, Wisconsin

"Give me your hands if we be friends, and Robin shall restore amends"~Puck, A Midsummer Night's Dream

This is great, and it captures the book wonderfully! I have read Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl, and, like I said, this review is everything the book is.

i love this !

ayalea BRONZE said...
ayalea BRONZE, Tel Aviv, Other
hay, i am jews and i am from israel. i happy to hear of in the world people laren and undestend something so importent.

Arti.M BRONZE said...
Arti.M BRONZE, Tirana, Other
Great essay and great description.

Yld777 SILVER said...
on Feb. 23 2017 at 6:38 am
Yld777 SILVER, Tirana, Other
Well writen essay, good job!

Jenifer_cornejo SILVER, Sacramento, California
wish to read this book. I liked how well you described the scenes that happened in anne frank

Kunal said...
on Oct. 23 2016 at 7:15 am
Awesome book

Diary of a young girl is a fabulous book

LionsBlue said...
LionsBlue, Henrico, Virginia

Lion does not laugh
At Mouse now,
Now he knows.

My students also read the play version of the diary. They seemed to enjoy reading Anne's perspective.

I own The Diary Of Anne Frank, and it is wonderful book that deals with the ups and downs of Teenage life, as well as gives readers an inside view on World War II. Love it!

on Jun. 3 2015 at 9:13 am
EatSleepWriteRepeat BRONZE, New York, New York
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

In the end, it won't matter how many breaths you take, yet how many moments took your breath away.

Wow, this story is a real page turner, yet I'm so sorry you have to live with this!

Kinessa said...
on May. 12 2015 at 10:10 am
Guys Check out the Marijuana Binaural Beats the wffect is good too and you don't need to smoke it you just have to listen with earphone same food effect :)

RAM**OLEIC said...
I love this dairy because make me feel like Im , Ann ILOVE IT TO MUCH

on Feb. 8 2015 at 4:20 am
Ty very much. the page beings me inspiration, and helps me finish my book report.

DEVIL ROHAN said...
on Dec. 8 2014 at 8:57 am
ANNE FRANK IS BOOK WHICH I LIKE THE MOST.IT IS INTERESTING BOOK ABOUT A SMALL GIRL.  

The Diary of Anne Frank is undoubtebly one of the best books I have EVER read. I have read it 3 times and every time I read it I learn something new. Its truely relatable and leaves you with an inexpressible feeling. The words of Anne Frank reverberate in every cell of my body, "I dont want to live like most people, in vain. I want to bring happiness to even those people's life whom I have never met. I want to go on living after my death."

on May. 26 2014 at 9:42 am
one of the best book ever i had seen or read.anne frank i love u just u have done some amzing thing to learn some histoey about twelth century about hitler etc.....thank u 

4everFabulous, Brooklyn, New York

"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is you're than you."

I have always wanted to read it, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. This is a really great review! I hope to read her diary soon.

folusho adepoju, Hamilton, Other
I love the book, it is grat and very touching 

ElsyM GOLD said...
ElsyM GOLD, Conway, Arkansas

"Carpe diem"

I loved this book. I think I read it in 3rd or 4th grade. From then on out, it involved the part of history that I loved to learn about but was also scared to learn about.   Anne is so inspiring, a completely-human girl who transformed generations of people to explore literature and the meanings of being human.