Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl is a very inspirational and moving journal that should be read by everyone, especially students. Not only will many relate to it, but it is valuable for both the mind and the heart. Touching and poignant, the story reveals the history of World War II, unforgettable people, and lessons that will stay in your heart forever.

While reading Anne Frank, I learned lots about what really happened during World War II. It was an unimaginable horror: millions of innocent people dying at the hands of biased obsession. Reading this really took me back to 1944 and put me right there in the Secret Annex with its residents, holding my breath as Nazi troops passed by on the streets below.

The wisdom I gained will remain with me forever. Now I see the Holocaust as something more than a tragedy we learn about in school: it seems more real, more horrific, and somehow bigger and worse than I had imagined.

Each character clearly has its own personality, ranging from extremely argumentative to unbelievably gregarious, and each adds a different flavor to the journey. I truly felt connected to these eight hiding away, as if I had known them forever. Sometimes, it was as if Anne and I were best friends, sitting there and talking. Other times I could feel Mrs. Van Daan's stinging comments.

Knowing these people were real, that they lived and died at the hands of the Nazis, brought an interesting perspective to the story. These weren't made-up characters, they once walked this earth. In the end, I felt attached to them and their stories, and I know other students will, too.

No one can read The Diary of Anne Frank and not take away a very valuable lesson. Focusing on the problems of growing up, dealing with tough times, and the never-ending power of hope, these concepts really strengthened my morals and virtues. Throughout the book, young people will be able to relate to Anne's quarrels with her sister and parents, and everyone understands how hard it is to face your biggest fears. Anne will teach us all something to save forever: I know she taught me.

After reading this treasured book, I felt humbled, more knowledgeable and genuinely touched. Anne Frank's diary will help everyone through the toughest and most confusing times with her famous words, “Despite everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.”

SnehaKedia_17 said...
Aug. 7 at 10:22 pm:
The Diary of Anne Frank is undoubtebly one of the best books I have EVER read. I have read it 3 times and every time I read it I learn something new. Its truely relatable and leaves you with an inexpressible feeling. The words of Anne Frank reverberate in every cell of my body, "I dont want to live like most people, in vain. I want to bring happiness to even those people's life whom I have never met. I want to go on living after my death."

ramyalakshmi indian said...
May 26 at 9:42 am:
one of the best book ever i had seen or read.anne frank i love u just u have done some amzing thing to learn some histoey about twelth century about hitler etc.....thank u 

JustLittleOldMe said...
Apr. 14 at 4:39 pm:
I have always wanted to read it, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. This is a really great review! I hope to read her diary soon.

Folusho A. said...
Mar. 22 at 5:43 pm:
I love the book, it is grat and very touching 

ElsaM said...
I loved this book. I think I read it in 3rd or 4th grade. From then on out, it involved the part of history that I loved to learn about but was also scared to learn about.   Anne is so inspiring, a completely-human girl who transformed generations of people to explore literature and the meanings of being human.

mikey132 said...
May 15, 2013 at 3:48 am:
i read this book when i was in seventh.... but it is in mmy course in class ninth................i enjoyed it much n this link n book review have helped me a lot................ i lyk it........thnksssssssss

Coladrinker2309 said...
Aug. 1, 2011 at 9:02 am:
I read it when I was nine, I don't think I enjoyed it as much as I would if I read it now, but I still liked it.

jleruns said...
I read that book when I was in sixth grade and did not enjoy it. I think it was the age because I was only eleven at the time. I did not really understand the Holocaust and I believe that  benefited to how much I enjoyed the book.

WhiteShadows said...
You're right; Anne Frank's diary is touching and candid and true and beautiful. Your review did the book justice! This is really good!!