Tears of a Tiger | Teen Ink

Tears of a Tiger MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

Did you ever think you'd kill your best friend? In Tears of a Tiger, a number of crises strike the Hazelwood Tigers: deaths of classmates, depression, flashbacks, and painful tears are all pieces of this puzzle-novel.

Robert Washington, the star basketball player at Hazelwood High, dies in a car accident caused by his drunk best friend, Andy Jackson. Students are devastated, and Andy is branded a murderer. Drinking and having a “good time” weren't worth it in Andy's case.

This novel is an eye opener, a tearjerker, and something that could actually happen to you. Be careful, whatever you do. Prove to your best friends that they can trust you with their lives. The torturous memories Hazelwood has to live with will never be forgotten, and your lost life would never be, either.

i love this !

I killed a tiger once too

Kip.lu SILVER said...
on May. 5 2017 at 2:41 am
Kip.lu SILVER, Tirana, Other
I killed a tiger once

Tarah18 PLATINUM, Brockton, Massachusetts

"If a man can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl he simply isn't giving the kiss the attention it deserves."
~Albert Einstein

This book was great, I read it a while ago and I remember crying whilst reading it.

mlluna97 said...
i have just read the book and it is a great book. When you finish it will leave you tinking of it and then you notice that this stuff does happen. its so real

best book i have ever read! so sad and its really touching!

younglane BRONZE, Blfd West Virginia, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

whats good

i like the forged by fire

on Nov. 27 2011 at 7:43 am
nettibelieves SILVER, Hamilton, Ohio

My people are American. Today is my time.

I read this in my eight grade English class. When I had read to near the end with the letters everyone had written, I started to sob. This book is so insightful and painfully truthful about the topics it presents. I recommend it, but bring a box of tissues if you are a person who cries easily.

kimani236 said...
on Sep. 22 2011 at 9:11 am
I read it , it's a really good book the whole series is actually

on Aug. 18 2011 at 4:23 am
IAmWhoIWantToBe PLATINUM, Manila, Other

‎"I’m learning how to drown out the constant noise that is such an inseparable part of my life. I don’t have to prove anything to anyone. I only have to follow my heart and concentrate on what I want to say to the world: I run my world." - Beyoncé

Haven't heard of this but this sound interesting!!! 

poptart123 said...
on Jul. 7 2011 at 9:05 am
i thank it is a cool and amazeing book

on Nov. 11 2010 at 9:10 am
DannieBoo BRONZE, Cleveland, Ohio
I read this book and others by Sharon Draper in 9th grade. This series of books are very teen related because of what goes on in each book. I can relate to Tears of A Tiger because sadly, I lost a classmate last year.

Jazzypooh BRONZE, Wilson, North Carolina

I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me. (Phillippians 4:13)

I love this books. I love all the books Sharon Draper writes.

Alice_in_Wonderland GOLD, San Clemente, California

“I could give up, I could stay stuck, or I could move on, So I put one foot front of the other, No no no nothing’s gonna break my stride, “ –David Archuleta (The Other Side of Down)

Wow! That's sad... sound like a good book though. I think I might read it. DO you think Barnes and Nobles or Borders would sell it?

lnvo97 GOLD said...
lnvo97 GOLD, Chicago, Illinois

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Matthew 5:44

i didnt reall ylove the book. i though t it was very open to what would happen to an everyday person. although it did give me a different perspective of things, it was just too sad!!!

lilstu said...
on Mar. 19 2010 at 10:53 am
I don't blame you!!! The first time I read this book I thought how awful it is for a teen to kill themselves

BasketballChick5, San Diego, California

:)Just Do It:) <3

omg, I love this book i read it in 7th grade it was awesome it mad me and one of my friends almost cry but we didn't. i shows you alot one don't drink and drive even with friends in the car! IT'S SO SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

BYE!

Sweet girl said...
i think this is a super book and the other 2 are too what interested me is that is tells stuff that happens to people everyday and no one really realizes it and i just love this book its awesome