Tears of a Tiger This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Did you ever think you'd kill your best friend? In Tears of a Tiger, a number of crises strike the Hazelwood Tigers: deaths of classmates, depression, flashbacks, and painful tears are all pieces of this puzzle-novel.

Robert Washington, the star basketball player at Hazelwood High, dies in a car accident caused by his drunk best friend, Andy Jackson. Students are devastated, and Andy is branded a murderer. Drinking and having a “good time” weren't worth it in Andy's case.

This novel is an eye opener, a tearjerker, and something that could actually happen to you. Be careful, whatever you do. Prove to your best friends that they can trust you with their lives. The torturous memories Hazelwood has to live with will never be forgotten, and your lost life would never be, either.

rachel.malcolm said...
May 2, 2013 at 1:20 pm:
best book i have ever read! so sad and its really touching!

younglane said...
i like the forged by fire

nettibelieves said...
Nov. 27, 2011 at 7:43 am:
I read this in my eight grade English class. When I had read to near the end with the letters everyone had written, I started to sob. This book is so insightful and painfully truthful about the topics it presents. I recommend it, but bring a box of tissues if you are a person who cries easily.

FreedomIsMyVirtue said...
Aug. 18, 2011 at 4:23 am:
Haven't heard of this but this sound interesting!!! 

kimani236 replied...
Sept. 22, 2011 at 9:11 am :
I read it , it's a really good book the whole series is actually

poptart123 said...
Jul. 7, 2011 at 9:05 am:
i thank it is a cool and amazeing book

DannieBoo said...
Nov. 11, 2010 at 9:10 am:
I read this book and others by Sharon Draper in 9th grade. This series of books are very teen related because of what goes on in each book. I can relate to Tears of A Tiger because sadly, I lost a classmate last year.

Jazzypooh said...
I love this books. I love all the books Sharon Draper writes.

CassieSherman14This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 15, 2010 at 9:08 pm:
Wow! That's sad... sound like a good book though. I think I might read it. DO you think Barnes and Nobles or Borders would sell it?

lnvo97 said...
May 14, 2010 at 6:05 pm:
i didnt reall ylove the book. i though t it was very open to what would happen to an everyday person. although it did give me a different perspective of things, it was just too sad!!!

BasketballChick5 said...
Mar. 10, 2010 at 8:08 pm:
omg, I love this book i read it in 7th grade it was awesome it mad me and one of my friends almost cry but we didn't. i shows you alot one don't drink and drive even with friends in the car! IT'S SO SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
BYE!

lilstu replied...
Mar. 19, 2010 at 10:53 am :
I don't blame you!!! The first time I read this book I thought how awful it is for a teen to kill themselves

Sweet girl said...
Feb. 5, 2010 at 6:44 pm:
i think this is a super book and the other 2 are too what interested me is that is tells stuff that happens to people everyday and no one really realizes it and i just love this book its awesome