Grave Peril by Jim Butcher

Grave Peril; Jim Butcher: 2001

Grave Peril is a tale of mystery, suspense, romance, and magic above all others. It is the third book in The Dresden Files following Storm Front and Fool Moon. It is the continued tale of Wizard Harry Dresden as he takes on spirits and other oddities in the city of Chicago, working along side with the Chicago PD Special Investigations division. He starts out working with a Knight of the Lord to take out a tortured spirit that is trying to take the souls of an entire maternity ward in a local hospital.

The tale expands as an ex-agent gets attacked and tortured by a nightmarish spell. Harry is able to remove the spell. The tale commences as another being begins to attack all of Harry’s closest friends through different forms. On top of all of this one of Dresden’s enemies, a vampire running an underground business, invites him to a ball where all the cards come out and Dresden must chose between letting the love of his life die or attempting to save her and starting a war between vampires and wizards all together.

All and all Harry must figure out what this Nightmare that has terrorized his friends is, save his girlfriend from the vampires that have captured them, and will save the world with the help of nothing but a Knight, a few werewolves, and all the magic that he can muster which is no longer much after near death. Life as he knows has become complicated and dangerous. To find out the who’s terrorizing his friends and if the girl can get saved you’ll have to read this book. I rate this a 9 out of 10.

Blackmirror said...
Jun. 26, 2011 at 2:02 am

sorry it took so long to comment! :(

i love this series! nice review! :) can't wait for the new book :)

manga_maniac said...
Nov. 28, 2010 at 8:49 am

i looooooooooooooove this series

nice job