Cold Sassy Tree This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Cold Sassy Tree is l4-year-old Will Tweedy's exciting memory of a family love affair at the turn of the last century in the small town of Cold Sassy, Georgia. The Tweedy family goes through a series of life-changing deaths, loves and experiences much like our modern soap operas.

The story begins with Grandpa, a widower of only three weeks, getting hitched to a young Yankee milliner. The book is immediately interesting! Reading about Will camping, roaming the town, and almost getting run over by a train creates a sense of adventure. The “country boy” theme makes it homey and easy to connect to. The little, not-so-important events ease the excitement but don't eliminate it.

Will takes you through his memories as if they just happened. He always gives the reader something to think about. Will keeps the ball rolling! He paints pictures of the characters by telling stories and events as well as telling how he feels and what he's thinking. After all the events, you will feel as if you lived in Cold Sassy yourself.

velociraptor said...
Sept. 23, 2010 at 11:56 am:
ooooga booga booga!!

coolboy said...
weeeeeeeeeeee

booboo741 said...
Dec. 13, 2008 at 12:00 am:
I love this book...i read it in class and i jux got finish watchin the movie...the movie made me cry sooo hard