Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Arthur Dent, our humble human companion on this crazy ride through the galaxy, has no idea what he has gotten into. His friend, Ford Prefect, who is from the vicinity of Betelgeuse (unknown to everyone), helps him escape as they hitch a ride off the Earth, minutes before it is exploded to make way for an intergalactic freeway.

Meanwhile, far away Zaphod Beeblebrox, president of the galaxy, plans to steal the Heart of Gold, a state of the art spaceship with an infinite improbability drive. “Wow,” he says, as there is nothing better to say. “That is so amazingly amazing I think I’d like to steal it,” (p. # 44) which is exactly how I feel about the book.

Arthur and Ford are tossed out of the ship they ride away in and are coincidentally saved by the Heart of Gold. Such an improbability, it could power the ship! So begins the hilarious happenings of the group.

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy is an undeniably awesome tale of sci-fi and comedy that kept me laughing until I was done. While reading it, I felt myself wondering how such a confusing story can be made so funny. Adams writes this masterpiece in 3rd person, in a way that you could imagine all of this incredible text come to life. Frankly, I’d say that anyone who likes a good laugh should head out and grab a copy.