The invisible man by H.G. Wells | Teen Ink

The invisible man by H.G. Wells

October 1, 2009
By TheLeaderOfChina SILVER, San Fransisco, California
TheLeaderOfChina SILVER, San Fransisco, California
8 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
I rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.


The book The Invisible Man was about a man named Jack Griffon who was chemist. He tried to make a potion that made anything invisible. He did not have enough of money to continue his project so he stole some from his father. His father saw that the money was gone and since he did not have that much money he killed himself.
Jack finished his project. He first tested it on a cat and it turned invisible.
A few days later, the landlord was knocking on Jack’s door because Jack owed him money. Jack did not have enough money for the landlord.
Then he drank some himself and he turned invisible. He had to take off his clothes to be completely invisible, so he did. He burned all of his things and his house down to the ground because he did not want people to find out the invisibility secret.
He brought his note books and other things he needed.
He robbed a store and stole clothes, bandages, a hat, glasses, and gloves. He was completely covered and went around saying he had an accident. He did other robberies too. He became crazy.
He found his friend from University College, Kemp. He told him that he wanted to terrorize the town and take over the town, and once he did he did not want anyone to disobey him. If they did he would kill them.
Kemp called the Police, and told them the invisible man was there. They came, and Jack found out Kemp had betrayed him. Jack took off all of his clothes again and escaped. Jack was mad at Kemp; he started to break all of Kemp’s stuff.
Jack chased Kemp down the road ready to kill him. Then Jack fell and the invisibility wore off so he was visible again.