Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Can you imagine a place where the government mandates teenagers to fight to their deaths? In The Hunger Games, Katniss, a 16-year-old girl, lives in District 12, a poor mining community. She volunteers to take her sister's place as one of the contestants in the Hunger Games, where two teenagers are forced to fight until their death to remind the people that the government is in control. The other District 12 contestant is a baker's son, Peeta, who is in love with Katniss, as is Katniss's best friend, Gale, a tough-looking guy. Katniss cares for both as friends, but will she have to choose between them?

This book is full of adventure, violence, romance, and more. I couldn't put it down! When you finish The Hunger Games, you should read the next book in the trilogy, Catching Fire. It gets even better!

Sally123 said...

This is a very poorly written review. Only four sentences is the real review.

And your summary is poor as well. The way you wrote it makes it seem as though there are only two teens fighting to the death. That's wrong. In each district, there are two, but all total there are 24. 

Why did you feel the need to include the romance? Especially with Gale, when Katniss doesn't even discover his feelings until Catching Fire? If you really wanted to include the romance aspect of it... (more »)

rayj095 said...
Really Great book!! I read the trilogy over Christmas break!

thetiedyecrayon said...
May 26, 2010 at 6:04 am
I read The Hunger Games and I really loved it. The only thing is, at the end you made it sound like the whole point of the book is who Katniss will choose. It really has to do with life or death in the arena.

JennyMay said...
I love this book, but whoever wrote this review messed up in the wording. It says that two teenagers fight to the death, when twelve do.

amberglow13 replied...
actually, it's twenty-four. two tributes from each of the twelve districts.

Alisha2969 said...
Good review I haven't read it yet, but after reading your review I sure will. 

KonyaB!!! This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Read it. LOVED IT!!!! It was an awesome book. I was in the middle of Catching and then, guess what, I lost it. I don't know how!!!

Mockingjay, the final installment, comes out soon. :)

Lucy V. replied...
omg!!! i loved this book!!! i had to read it by force,but im glad i did!!!

Oh_My_Buda replied...
Mar. 31, 2010 at 7:23 am
The best book I have ever read.  Finished Catching Fire which was awesome and now im waiting on MockingJay