Siege of Macindaw by John Flanagan | Teen Ink

Siege of Macindaw by John Flanagan

By theaddiction23 BRONZE, Aurora, Illinois
theaddiction23 BRONZE, Aurora, Illinois

The Siege of Macindaw is the 6th book in the Ranger’s Apprentice series by John Flanagan. The Ranger’s Apprentice series is about a young ranger named Will. As the series progresses, Will gets older and more mature. It’s basically a simple Lord of the Rings in book form.
In Siege of Macindaw, Will is left in Norgate Fief, a small kingdom in Araluen. Will is there because he has to find a way to get rid of the evil garrison controlling Castle Macindaw. There are many reasons for this. One of them is that a Scotti army waits just across the border from Araluen. If they get through Araluen would be invaded and would go to war. This is not a good thing because they just came back from a large battle. Another reason is to save a damsel in distress. He is also assisted by his warrior friend Horace.
The Siege of Macindaw is an excellent book for kids in middle school. It shows excellent character development.
‘Sometimes, life threw up problems that even the wisest, most trusted mentor couldn’t solve for you. It was part of the pain of growing up. And having to stand by and watch was part of the pain of being a mentor.’

“You really like them, don’t you?”
“Skandians?...Yes, I do. Once they give you there word they will never go back on it. They’re terrible enemies, but make the best allies you could ask for.”

I like this book.

bob bil said...
on May. 3 2012 at 6:04 am

awesome book......

haha

Bob Bil