Ender’s Game | Teen Ink

Ender’s Game MAG

By Anonymous

     This is the best book you’ll ever read! I recommend Ender’s Game to anyone who can imagine the impossible. If you think science fiction is not your favorite genre, Ender’s Game will change your mind.

Orson Scott Card shakes your normal chain of thought as he wraps you in all the battles, thoughts, and conversations of the students at Battle School. Ender Wiggin goes to this school earlier than most. As he glides through his studies, he fights his way to the top in battle standings, eventually gaining command of his own army.

Ender’s army is the best, training day in and day out up in a cold, steel space station. Why do these kids who are as young as eight go to Battle School? Because the buggers are coming. Buggers are insect-like aliens far more intelligent than humans. They have already attacked earth once, and the human race almost didn’t survive.

Although I liked the parallel novel, Ender’s Shadow, Ender’s Game is my all-time favorite. I wished for days to live the kind of life portrayed in the story. This is adult science fiction, but I recommend it to teens with above-average reading abilities. A Nebula and Hugo winner, Ender’s Game is an excellent novel, whether you are a sci-fi fan or not.