Ender’s Game | Teen Ink

Ender’s Game MAG

By Anonymous

     I passed over this book for a long time and then my English teacher assigned it for a book report. Now I regret ever ignoring Ender’s Game.

Andrew “Ender” Wiggin is an average six-year-old super-genius living in a not-too-distant future in which the world has been united by the threat of alien invasion. His daily routine includes being beaten up by his brother and picked on at school. Other than that, life is pretty good, until he is whisked away to Battle School to train as an officer in the Intergalactic Fleet.

If Ender’s Game has a flaw, it is that the story is too relevant. I continuously forgot the setting was the future. It is one of the greatest stories I’ve ever read. It has a plot that twists at every point to keep the reader as off balance as Ender. It has great character development; Ender changes so much that he is barely recognizable by the end.

This is a well-written story that leaves the reader breathless. Between vivid descriptions and a galactic setting, this book conjures up some of the most beautiful and horrific images I’ve read. Whether you are a science-fiction fan or new to the genre, this book is for you.