Night This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Night is an eye-opening look at the horrific times of the Holocaust and how the death of so many affected Elie Wiesel’s mind, body and soul.

Wiesel seems alone in the world except for his father and his own will to survive. Although there are times when he feels like he cannot continue, his father is there, urging him to stay strong.

The soldiers who oversee the Jews treat them like animals not worthy to be in their presence. They take it upon themselves to decide who is worthy of life and death. It is through these trials that Wiesel is forced to become a man.

Some believe that Night is too graphic, but I don’t agree. Wiesel paints a vivid picture of his abominable experiences because he wants the reader to realize what really happened. He states the facts of his difficult life that cannot be denied, beginning and ending with the death of his faith in God.

The pain and anger in these pages should not be forgotten. After reading this memoir, your eyes will be opened to how wonderful life and freedom are. Ultimately, Night teaches you not to take anything for granted and that material things are worthless. The one thing that matters is love, which can overcome anything.

cece said...
i agree that night is real eye opening because it shows how much he had to go through and he lost his dad while doing so, and it is a really good book

Lucy(: This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

i agree this book is very intense and many teachers have cringed when i told them i've read it as n 11 yr old, but i still keep the book safe in my memory like a lesson to be learned, a nightmare to be forgotton. i love your opinions and i agree with all of them.

i wrote one too about night (not published yet, or maybe won't be, who knows)

Heather S.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 4, 2009 at 3:23 am:
I had to read this book for summer reading for school, but I couldn't stop reading it. One part that really got to me was when he explained that because of the desperate-ness of everyone, a son kills his own father for bread crumbs. The detailing is great, and I poured my heart out for him.