The Notebook This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The Notebook is one of the most touching novels of the past century. It opens with an old man walking into a woman’s room in a retirement home. He begins to read her a story from a notebook about a young couple, Noah Calhoun and Allie Nelson. Noah is trying to put his life back together after World War II and Allie is about to marry a lawyer. There is one problem: all they can think about is each other.

This is a beautiful story of how love can stand the test of time and overcome all obstacles if you believe enough. It is a classic love story with something more. I had butterflies in my stomach as I read it.

This is for anyone who has ever found love. You will laugh and cry with the characters. It is easy to share in their amazing experience; their struggles become yours, and as you read, you begin to know Allie and Noah as if they were good friends.

This is a great read; Sparks knows how to touch your mind and soul. There is true commitment seldom found in modern novels. The characters are well-developed and seem real. Reading this book is like eating chicken soup on a cold day, you can’t help but feel better because it is so touching and true. The Notebook is absolutely fabulous from beginning to end and I recommend it to anyone.

brillent said...
i like your review. um....i like the movie better than the book. don't u?