And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie | Teen Ink

And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

September 18, 2009
By natalie sanchez BRONZE, Aventura, Florida
natalie sanchez BRONZE, Aventura, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

And Then There Were None revolves around the story of ten strangers that are lured to Indian Island, owned by an anonymous millionaire. Upon arrival the ten very different travelers find themselves stranded, at the mercy of psycho killer that could be any of them. This book was written by Agatha Christie in the late 1930s. Many believe that this author and this particular book is one of the best crime- writing novelists of the twentieth century.
Agatha Christie uses the complex characters and different murders to always keep you guessing who is behind the killings. The most genius part of the books planning is how she chooses to kill each character. She uses each visitor's background and influence in the community to pick how they disappear and there are few clues she gives you as the book progresses. The riddle “Ten Indians” is found in each of the ten bed rooms and different parts of these rhymes describe a way each of them is going to die, it is just the when and who that keep you guessing and constantly reading.
This book does not only keep you clinging to your seat but also shows the background and complexity of each character involved in the plot. This leads to a twisting and surprising ending along with an astonished reader.
As a horror loving, thriller enjoying, exciting enthusiast, frightening loving fan and slow reader, this book kept me up all night just guessing to who and when the next murder was going to unfold. Her writing is easy reading but tangled and complex, effortless but deep and imaginative, and straight forward and simple but continuously keeping you guessing.