Twilight by Stephanie Meyer | Teen Ink

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

September 17, 2009
By alexam BRONZE, Hallandale Beach, Florida
alexam BRONZE, Hallandale Beach, Florida
2 articles 0 photos 12 comments

You probably know at least one person who is a crazed and obsessed fan with Stephanie Meyers novel, Twilight, you might think that it is just “some book” and you do not know why people love it so much. You may think that it is not worth the time to read and that you have better things to do. Honestly, I had the same opinion about the novel. I would always say, “What is so good about Twilight? Its is just a 544 page book about a bunch of unrealistic vampires that suck human blood for hunger satisfaction.” However, it is deeper than that, it is about the romance of forbidden love of the handsome, mysterious vampire, Edward Cullen, and the beautiful, shy human, Bella Swan.
The novel starts out as Bella is moving from a hot and humid Phoenix, Arizona, to cold and rainy Forks, Washington to live with her father, Charlie. Bella enrolls at the Forks High School where she meets the family that changes her life, The Cullen's. I would say one of the most awkward moments for Bella would be when she first met Edward and sat next to him in class. Edward was covering his nose because he was trying to control himself from Bella's beautiful scent and after class was over, he raced out of there and tried to change his class. Bella was extremely offended and wanted to confront him about it. Bella knew there was something different about the Cullen's, but she had no idea that they were vampires yet.
As the novel continues, Edward and Bella's love start growing more and more for each other. At one point in the novel, Edward follows Bella to a town where she helps her friends get dresses for a dance. When Bella is alone at night in a dark alley, there are a few guys going toward Bella who want to make some trouble. However, Edward has a power where he can read peoples minds and he heard what those guys were thinking which made him furious. He drives up in his Volvo, almost running the guys over and saves Bella from being hurt in any way. This is the night that Bella realizes Edward Cullen is a vampire.
The rest of the novel leads you through a great deal of adventure, fun, love, romance, and even some violence. Once you start reading the novel, you will not want to put it down to even eat dinner. From someone who knows and went through it, I could not stop until I got to the very last page. When you finish it, you will understand why so many people love it as much as they do. You may even become an obsessed fan as well.
As you may know, the sequel to Twilight the movie, New Moon comes out November 20, 2009. It will be a great opportunity to read Twilight now so you will be caught up and prepared for New Moon the movie if you were planning on seeing it in theatres.