New Moon By Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

New Moon By Stephenie Meyer

By krazykristen521 GOLD, Scottsville, Kentucky
krazykristen521 GOLD, Scottsville, Kentucky

New Moon is the second novel in Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series.

The plot is extremely original. Jasper attacks Bella. Edward leaves Bella in hopes to no longer mess up her life. Bella who is an emotional wreck starts to hear voices when she partakes in dangerous activities. Her response to the voice; she jumps off of a cliff. Rosalie who is more than eager to tell Edward that Bella could be dead from jumping off the cliff, sends Edward on a suicidal trip to Italy, to find the Volturi. (A.K.A. the Mafia of the vampires)

This plot is so original that all of this drama was caused by a paper cut. A simple paper cut. While Bella was opening her birthday presents she got a cut. The smell of blood caused Jasper, the youngest and newest vampire to attack her. Next time I'm asked paper or plastic, my choice is obvious.

Edward is 110 years old. By this age you would believe that the ways of the heart would be some what clearer to him. Then again he is male, so maybe he didn't know what kind of hell he would be leaving Bella in, when he decided to not ruin her life anymore and just leave by telling her that he no longer loved her.

Which was all a lie to protect her but turned out to make her somewhat crazy and suicidal. Come on man… er vampire, she was doing dangerous activities, like jumping off of a cliff just to hear a hallucination of your voice. Edward, leaving was such a great plan to protect her life. Job well done. (I must remind myself to tell my boyfriend to not protect me anytime soon.)

Once Edward returns and is trying to explain why he told the horrible lie, he had this to say, “I lied to save you and it didn't work. I'm sorry.” You brought her pain greater then death. It may be just me but sorry doesn't cut it.

While Edward was away though, Bella was being friendly with a werewolf. Jacob Black tries just as hard to protect this clumsy girl but ends up hurting her just the same. In some way of another Jacob breaks Bella's already shattered heart. Some good advice for her would be to date the innocent and human Mike Newton. All these monsters are good for is breaking hearts and making her wish she was dead. Very scary.

Twilight was very typical. You would probably be suspecting the same in New Moon but instead, you will find yourself asking, “What was she thinking?” Half she book, Edward our heroic blood sucking heart breaker wasn't even in it, Bella acts like a zombie for most the book ,and Jacob is well… to much for words. Kind of like this book.

Clearly New Moon is just a waste of time and money.

Eclips is next.

Jacobk said...
"Bella is an emotional wreak starts to hear voices when she partakes in dangerous activies." I disagree with you, Bella is an emotional wreck, but she does not start to hear the voices until she goes out with her friend Jessica to the movies. Also when she rides dirt bikes with Jacob, Bella hears Edward's voice. "Clearly New Moon is just a waster of time and money" I totally agree with you on that. New Moon was ok, but It could have been better. " Then again heis male, so maybe he did not know what kind of saddness he would be leaving Bella in, which he decided to not ruin her life anymore and just leave by telling her that he no longer loved her." I totally diagree with you on that part beacuse Edward left Bella to protect her and he is tired of pretending to be something he is not. He is not huma, but a vampire.

Lilly101911 said...
on Sep. 30 2009 at 7:24 am
Lilly101911, Windham, Vermont

"apologizing is like whiteout. it covers up mistakes but it never really goes away"-a friend

"She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break - her heart." -Bob Marley

i loved these but when they wore over i

started to think that they wore a wast of time

accio-sarcasm, Nunya Effin Business, Other

"To the well organized man, death is but the next great adventure."
-Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

"There's nothing wrong with you. There's just a lot wrong with the world you live in."
-Chris Colfer

i love that book! i love the whole saga!

jacobk said...
New Moon is the second novel in Twilight. I wold have to say that this book was better then the other three . It says that eward left to protect Blla. Well, Bella becomes friends with a werewolf that is her best friend Jake. Overall this book was awesome and sad.