New Moon By Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

New Moon By Stephenie Meyer

September 5, 2009
By krazykristen521 GOLD, Scottsville, Kentucky
krazykristen521 GOLD, Scottsville, Kentucky
16 articles 0 photos 4 comments

New Moon is the second novel in Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series.

The plot is extremely original. Jasper attacks Bella. Edward leaves Bella in hopes to no longer mess up her life. Bella who is an emotional wreck starts to hear voices when she partakes in dangerous activities. Her response to the voice; she jumps off of a cliff. Rosalie who is more than eager to tell Edward that Bella could be dead from jumping off the cliff, sends Edward on a suicidal trip to Italy, to find the Volturi. (A.K.A. the Mafia of the vampires)

This plot is so original that all of this drama was caused by a paper cut. A simple paper cut. While Bella was opening her birthday presents she got a cut. The smell of blood caused Jasper, the youngest and newest vampire to attack her. Next time I'm asked paper or plastic, my choice is obvious.

Edward is 110 years old. By this age you would believe that the ways of the heart would be some what clearer to him. Then again he is male, so maybe he didn't know what kind of hell he would be leaving Bella in, when he decided to not ruin her life anymore and just leave by telling her that he no longer loved her.

Which was all a lie to protect her but turned out to make her somewhat crazy and suicidal. Come on man… er vampire, she was doing dangerous activities, like jumping off of a cliff just to hear a hallucination of your voice. Edward, leaving was such a great plan to protect her life. Job well done. (I must remind myself to tell my boyfriend to not protect me anytime soon.)

Once Edward returns and is trying to explain why he told the horrible lie, he had this to say, “I lied to save you and it didn't work. I'm sorry.” You brought her pain greater then death. It may be just me but sorry doesn't cut it.

While Edward was away though, Bella was being friendly with a werewolf. Jacob Black tries just as hard to protect this clumsy girl but ends up hurting her just the same. In some way of another Jacob breaks Bella's already shattered heart. Some good advice for her would be to date the innocent and human Mike Newton. All these monsters are good for is breaking hearts and making her wish she was dead. Very scary.

Twilight was very typical. You would probably be suspecting the same in New Moon but instead, you will find yourself asking, “What was she thinking?” Half she book, Edward our heroic blood sucking heart breaker wasn't even in it, Bella acts like a zombie for most the book ,and Jacob is well… to much for words. Kind of like this book.

Clearly New Moon is just a waste of time and money.


The author's comments:
Eclips is next.