The Perfect Storm by Sebastian Junger This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Of all the novels I have read, The Perfect Storm by Sebastian Junger is without a doubt the best. It is a true story about one of the worst storms ever recorded, a nor’ easter that pounded the East Coast and devastated fishermen. With waves 80 feet high and winds of 120 m.p.h. no one on or near the ocean was safe from its rage. On October 31, 1991 the fishing vessel, Andrea Gail, was heading for home but also tragically heading toward the eye of the storm of the century.

This novel is written from the point of view of Andrea Gail’s six-member crew as they struggle to survive. This novel places you in the storm with all its wrath and fury. Overall, The Perfect Storm is a thrilling read for all those devoted to the ocean and fishing. It is a great true story of man against nature.