The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Have you ever read a book that was so riveting you stayed awake for hours trying to finish it? How about a book that was so awesome you devoted your vacation to reading it? I have, and in this case the book is Robert Ludlum’s The Bourne Identity. This is a thriller that accurately portrays the life of a spy.

This book presents some of the worst-case scenarios a spy can ever face, and how a good one deals with them. Jason Bourne is a U.S. intelligence agent who gets amnesia while on a mission to assassinate a politician. Not only does he fail his mission, he is also hunted by the agency he has been part of. He is framed in a murder he did not commit and now he must find the real murderer.

This is a great read for anyone who likes action and adventure, but be warned, there are a lot of slow parts. If you can get through those you will be immensely happy with the action and double crosses. Plus, there is always the option to watch the movie starring Matt Damon. In all, I give this book a 9 out of 10 and hope that others will enjoy it as much as I did.