Marley and Me by John Grogan | Teen Ink

Marley and Me by John Grogan MAG

By Anonymous

     Have you ever had a dog? Welcome to John Grogan’s world. He’s the author of Marley and Me, and also the owner of Marley, the lab puppy who grew to a 95-pound member of his family. Marley can be very difficult and frustrating, though, and this is the main conflict in the book: should the Grogan’s get rid of their dog because of his sometimes destructive behavior? This question lingers throughout and makes you want to keep reading.

Marley and Me paints a vivid picture. It’s a story about a mischievous and loyal puppy that grows into a mischievous and loyal dog. During one Saturday afternoon driving with the windows open, Marley decides to jump out and go for a run. This is one of the many ways Marley gets into trouble on a daily basis.

As mischievous as Marley is, though, one thing never wavers: his loyalty. When things happen in the neighborhood, Marley is the perfect guard dog.

Marley is part of the family as jobs change and the family grows, and Grogan does a great job showing the connection a man and dog can share. To Grogan, Marley is not just a dog but one of his best friends with whom he experiences life. Their journey together develops into a touching and heartfelt friendship filled with fun, joy, frustration and love.

Marley and Me is a book that I would recommend to all. It has a touching ending, and it demonstrates the commitment between a loyal dog and a loving owner. Grogan and his family love that dog, and Marley is a dog you will never forget.