Marley and Me by John Grogan This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Have you ever had a dog? Welcome to John Grogan’s world. He’s the author of Marley and Me, and also the owner of Marley, the lab puppy who grew to a 95-pound member of his family. Marley can be very difficult and frustrating, though, and this is the main conflict in the book: should the Grogan’s get rid of their dog because of his sometimes destructive behavior? This question lingers throughout and makes you want to keep reading.

Marley and Me paints a vivid picture. It’s a story about a mischievous and loyal puppy that grows into a mischievous and loyal dog. During one Saturday afternoon driving with the windows open, Marley decides to jump out and go for a run. This is one of the many ways Marley gets into trouble on a daily basis.

As mischievous as Marley is, though, one thing never wavers: his loyalty. When things happen in the neighborhood, Marley is the perfect guard dog.

Marley is part of the family as jobs change and the family grows, and Grogan does a great job showing the connection a man and dog can share. To Grogan, Marley is not just a dog but one of his best friends with whom he experiences life. Their journey together develops into a touching and heartfelt friendship filled with fun, joy, frustration and love.

Marley and Me is a book that I would recommend to all. It has a touching ending, and it demonstrates the commitment between a loyal dog and a loving owner. Grogan and his family love that dog, and Marley is a dog you will never forget.

dolphinluver12 said...
I've read Marley: A Dog Like No other... is that the same one? If not, then Marley & Me sounds cool

a kid said...
i saw the movie, it was good i might read the book

kessy said...
Sept. 24, 2010 at 9:31 am:
i luv da movie

bookluver123 said...
Sept. 9, 2010 at 9:41 am:
i read this book in 5th grade and i loved it!

BasketballChick5 said...
Mar. 10, 2010 at 8:10 pm:
i love this book.....nice artical by teh way!

SillyLilli23 said...
Nov. 11, 2009 at 9:29 am:
This book is a definate page turner. Once you get to the end, it brings out tears in the dryest of eyes! I loved to book, and surely anyone who has loved their dog like J. Grogan did... well you just really connect to this!

jaybeezy20-21 replied...
Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:34 pm :
What up trevor your in my class