Every Second Counts by Lance Armstrong with Sally Jenkins This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When I read this book, I was pleasantly surprised by how good it is. Though it does have some boring parts, the majority is great.

Every Second Counts talks about what happened to Lance Armstrong from 1999, after he won his first Tour de France, through 2003 and his fifth victory. It also describes Armstrong’s experience with cancer and sports-related injuries. Most important, though, Armstrong talks about how he strove never to give up, whether in the hospital or during a race.

I learned a lot from reading this book, including, “if you make a mistake, all you can do is learn from it.” That piece of advice is shared many times in the book, and is totally true. I also learned the determination, intense training and sacrifices it takes to complete the Tour de France.

I absolutely recommend this book. It is very inspirational and well written. So, if you would like to learn more about Lance Armstrong, read Every Second Counts.

Lily">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 1:05 pm
i love this !