First Kisses: Trust Me | Teen Ink

First Kisses: Trust Me

By XoLaUrEnOx7 GOLD, Mapleville, Rhode Island
XoLaUrEnOx7 GOLD, Mapleville, Rhode Island

"When chocolates show up at your door, you know a boy loves you and is watching you."
- Me!
"Who needs a guy when you have chocolate and friends?!"
- Me again!

Trust Me, by Rachel Hawthorne, is a book about a girl named Jessica who is going back to Camp Lone Star, not as a camper, but as a CIT. She is going back with her friends Liz, Caryn, and Torie. When Jess arrives, she discovers that Sean, her worst enemy, is also a CIT. And to make things worse, for training week, Sean and Jess have been paired up together. Jess hasn't trusted Sean since he cheated last year in Capture the Flag. The whole training week is about trusting your partner. Jess isn't sure she can do it. Suddenly, she finds herself falling for Sean. She tries to stop, but it's too hard. When Sean and Jess have to get back to camp from the woods while Jess is blindfolded, Sean gets lost leading her back. They make camp and camp out the night. When they get back to camp the next day, it turns out Ed, the director, was nearby the whole time. So they were never really in any danger. Later that day, while Jess is standing at the dock looking at the red banner, she's debating whether or not she should swim out and take it to give her cabin's name honor when Sean walks down, too. He asks Jess to trust him, then he kisses her. After the kiss, they jump in the water and race to get the red banner. Then the book ends.

I loved this book!!! It was so sweet and funny. But the book ended on the worst possible part. There isn't a sequel either!

NINI said...
on Nov. 3 2009 at 8:46 pm
I have read the book and it is really good I think that you shouldn't have given away the ending because that is the best part of the book. But I love the way you hooked me at the begining.

XoLaUrEnOx7 said...
on Oct. 10 2009 at 2:53 pm
You know what? I will write my artictles the way I want. I don't need people telling me who to write.

on Oct. 9 2009 at 10:20 pm
jkbbjkblbklkjb, Sutton, Other
Sorry to say, but this isn't a good book review. As in a matter of a fact, it's not a book review at all.

You just told me the plot and the ending, so I won't want to read the book. A good book review is telling me what you thought of it and telling me a few things that might intrigue me, not give the story away.

It's very well written though, and at the beginning I really liked it, until I saw that you just gave the book away.

Sorry to be harsh, but they dont have a comment box for nothing!