First Kisses: Trust Me | Teen Ink

First Kisses: Trust Me

August 26, 2009
By XoLaUrEnOx7 GOLD, Mapleville, Rhode Island
XoLaUrEnOx7 GOLD, Mapleville, Rhode Island
13 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When chocolates show up at your door, you know a boy loves you and is watching you."
- Me!
"Who needs a guy when you have chocolate and friends?!"
- Me again!


Trust Me, by Rachel Hawthorne, is a book about a girl named Jessica who is going back to Camp Lone Star, not as a camper, but as a CIT. She is going back with her friends Liz, Caryn, and Torie. When Jess arrives, she discovers that Sean, her worst enemy, is also a CIT. And to make things worse, for training week, Sean and Jess have been paired up together. Jess hasn't trusted Sean since he cheated last year in Capture the Flag. The whole training week is about trusting your partner. Jess isn't sure she can do it. Suddenly, she finds herself falling for Sean. She tries to stop, but it's too hard. When Sean and Jess have to get back to camp from the woods while Jess is blindfolded, Sean gets lost leading her back. They make camp and camp out the night. When they get back to camp the next day, it turns out Ed, the director, was nearby the whole time. So they were never really in any danger. Later that day, while Jess is standing at the dock looking at the red banner, she's debating whether or not she should swim out and take it to give her cabin's name honor when Sean walks down, too. He asks Jess to trust him, then he kisses her. After the kiss, they jump in the water and race to get the red banner. Then the book ends.


The author's comments:
I loved this book!!! It was so sweet and funny. But the book ended on the worst possible part. There isn't a sequel either!