Leaving Paradise | Teen Ink

Leaving Paradise

By Just-Maybe GOLD, South Salem, Ohio
Just-Maybe GOLD, South Salem, Ohio

Laugh your heart out. Dance in the rain. Cherish the moment. Ignore the pain. Live, love, laugh. Forgive & Forget. Life's too short to live with regrets.

Simone Elkeles' book Leaving Paradise is a 5 out of 5 for me. It tells the story of two teenagers, Maggie and Caleb. Maggie was a popular girl in high school until she has an unfortunate accident. She is hit by a car driven by Caleb. Maggie hasn't walked normal since and Caleb went to jail. When school starts back up Maggie returns to school and Caleb has parole. They hate each other when they first see each other. Slowly they begin to fall for each other when they are assigned the same job. It is a forbidden love since neither of the teenagers parent want them to have anything to do with each other. But when Caleb finds out something about his family the stress becomes too much. This causes an unexpected ending that is both sad and happy.

My inspiration for this piece is that Leaving Paradise is a wonderful book for anyone who loves love stories. My hope is that this piece will make you want to read this book.

on Sep. 14 2009 at 6:17 pm
Just-Maybe GOLD, South Salem, Ohio

Wow. I do believe you are talented. Keep up the great work and hopefully you wil be published. Big T