Paper Towns by John Green

Paper Towns, the new book by Printz Award-winning author John Green was released on October 16th. This is the third book by the author, following Looking for Alaska and An Abundance of Katherines.
Quentin Jacobsen has loved his neighbor, the mysterious Margo Roth Spiegelman , his entire life. Although they were casual friends throughout their childhood, Q, as he is affectionately called, now only sees Margo from a distance. Until one night during their senior year of high school, when Margo shows up at Q's window covered in black face-paint and a requesting some very eccentric items on a shopping list.
After a night of adventure through the subdivisions and theme parks of Orlando, Florida, Margo Roth Spiegelman vanishes. Paper Towns is the story of Q, his band of slightly-geeky-but-in-a-cool-way friends, and their search for the enthralling and mysterious Margo.
The central themes of this book explore philosophical issues, like how we are interconnected and how we perceive each other. It also deals with more direct and detailed themes like the debate over whether thinking about and working towards ones future is the most valuable thing, or if, as Margo quotes Dickinson, “Forever is composed of nows.”

DreamingOutQuiet said...
I love all of John Greens books, but this is my favorite. Great review: nice and concise.

BeckoningLovely said...
Aug. 18, 2011 at 2:19 am
I love all of John Green's books - you captured some of the best parts of Paper Towns in a few paragraphs without any spoilers! Good job!