My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult | Teen Ink

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

By Lisha BRONZE, Karachi, Other
Lisha BRONZE, Karachi, Other

How would you feel if your 2 year old daughter was diagnosed with Leukemia, a disease that can take away a persons life, and the only way to save her was to find a matching donor? Sounds simple, but really, it's not. What if you were unable to find a matching donor besides her very own sister? Would you sacrifice one daughter's life to save the other?
Sara Fitzgerald, mother of both daughter's has to decide the answer to this heart-breaking question. What will she decide? How will the children react? As infants, they probably wouldn't say much, but as Anna, the sister who is forced to donate every part of her body to save her sister Kate from the disease, turns thirteen, she makes a decision that rocks everyone's world. Anna decides She doesn't want to help her sister live anymore, what will be the outcome of this? Read the book to find out.
This book is truly mesmerizing and a pleasure to pick up, but hard to put down. Each part of the story is packed with suspense and drama, and is bound to make you feel part of the story.
This book explores the emotions of every character in the book and tells us how it feels to be them.
If you enjoy suspence, drama,and emotions, then this is the book for you. I would definitely recommend this book to people aged 13 and over.

~5 stars~

esharp2 said...
I agree that My Sister's Keeper is a really amazing book. My Sister's Keeper reaches in and seems to pull the emotions out of you. It made me laugh and cry. I would recommend this book for kids 13 and older becuase this book is understandable, connectable. It isn't totally made up and when you relate to a book, it makes it all the more special and meaningful to you. My Sister's Keeper is a great book.