The Five People You Meet in Heaven | Teen Ink

The Five People You Meet in Heaven

I recently read the New York Times Best Seller Book, The Five People You Meet in Heaven, by Mitch Albom. This book is a memoir as well as a really great novel. The story, as you can tell, is about a man, named Eddie, who dies and goes on to heaven to meet five people. Along his journey, Eddie learns some really important lessons about life. He learns of the lessons about sacrifice, forgiveness, and just lessons about his life in general. Among the five people Eddie meets in heaven, some he knows and some he does not. All Eddie does know is that in some way all five of them have played a big role in his life. I would say that this book has many strong points. Strong points ranging from the lessons that he learns to the way that many people can relate to this story. By this I mean that Eddie and his father have never had the greatest relationship and when his father does die Eddie takes over his job. Also, Eddie wants to get out of his hometown but never does. I feel this is something a lot of people can relate to. Nobody wants to stay in the same town they have grown up in but somehow they do. There is one major flaw to this story but I feel if I tell you then it will give the story away.

Despite the one little flaw that I noticed, this book is the kind of book that is really hard to put down. I had to read it for a class in school and I found myself sitting in class after the bell rang still reading this book. It is that good. I recommend this book to any teenager or adult that takes their life for granted or needs to learn about relationships with their parents. It is a really good book but it does have some things that make it not the greatest book for middle school students and below.