My Sister's Keeper

That was heavy. This book kept me spellbound with its unique stlye and interesting plotline. I loved this book for its thought-provoking nature, its ethical questions. What is truth? What is right and wrong? Is there a definite line? And can we answer these questions? Jodi Picoult masterfully adresses the issues rising to the forefront of philosophical minds today and attaches these issues to a beautifully-weaved storyline. I so enjoyed watching a family discover the depths of love.

I also truly enjoyed the irony infused into the end of Picoult's work. She forced me to consider the sort of backwards reality of life; sometimes things don't turn out like they do in the fairytales. The girl with cancer doesn't always get to say those beautiful last words on her dying breath; sometimes life doesn't work that way. Sometimes we have to laugh a little at what we thought was to happen, and cry a little at what actually did happen. So,thank you, Ms. Picoult, for gifting me with that realization. Your work is a true masterpiece.

My only objections are an overabundance of curse words that jarred me away from the story and the somewhat choppy nature of Picoult's style of incorporating each character's point of view in alternating chapters. Although this was an interesting way of writing (and I am glad she wrote it that way), I still found myself getting a bit confused.

tor10jax said...
I thought this was a good review but you need to include a bit of a summary.