the hunger games | Teen Ink

the hunger games

By madijeppesen BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
madijeppesen BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

The Hunger Games is one of my favorite books. If you like adventure books then you will love this book. Suzanne Collins is the author of this book. She has written many good books but in my opinion this is one of my favorites that she has written. She is most known for the series hunger games.  

My first reason on why this book is good is because this book is very entertaining to read and goes into great detail about what you are reading and helps you understand and create images in your head about what you are reading. A lot of people get hurt in this book and they go into very good and descriptive detail about what is hurt and what it looks and feels like.   

The book is very adventurous, they are outside a lot and even when they are home the main character Katniss everdeen is outside all the time hunting and finding food for their family. When they get to the arena it is all wood and trees and very outdoors. They all have to figure out how to live on their own and figure out what the best way to survive is. They have to fight a lot of people, and many of them have different advantages than the others in the book and that is how they survive. 

In this book everyone is very caring for each other and they all sometimes team up and try to kill other people together. The people who got picked to fight had a lot of people who care about them and try to help them through the whole thing. Even people that were in the arena cared for many of the people that died. The people who died had people that were very sad for them and if it was someone's friends they would bury them or try and make them comfortable when they are passing away. 

All of the reasons that I just shared with you is why the hunger games is my favorite book. It goes into great detail about everything you read, has a lot of adventurous parts and they are all super caring for each other. If anyone was going to ask me if I had any book recommendations I would have them read this.