Hunger Games | Teen Ink

Hunger Games

February 26, 2024
By teagand01 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
teagand01 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It was the day of the games and everyone heard President Snow say, “May the odds be ever in your favor”. “Hunger Games”; a book series, is an amazing book if people like the thrill of sitting at the edge of a chair waiting for something to happen.  The plot and excitement of this book are over the top. It keeps people engaged and excited from the beginning to the end of the book. It gives everyone a new perspective on life and to be more aware of their surroundings. And to spend time with the people that you love in your life. 


The beginning of the book vs the end of the book is so different, the setting, characters, and just the whole story. Katniss, who plays the main character role, changes so much as the books continue. She realizes who she is and what her purpose is now that she is owned by the capitol. And not her home district 12. Once people read the book they think they know what is going to happen through reading this series. Peeta, who is another main character in the book series, becomes more of an object for the capital after the Hunger Games. Katniss does everything to save him. It all gets harder as she realizes how much power the capital has over the two of them. 


The excitement that I get while reading the series is very thrilling. When Katniss volunteers to tribute to her little sister, people get a whole new feeling for the book, just in the first few chapters. In the book, people don’t realize what is going on. More so in the capitol than the districts, knowing that they might not find out is such a cruel feeling for some. The capitol people become brainwashed by the power of the capitol, and this makes it hard for Katniss and Peeta to survive. Each chapter sets off a new tone for the next page that's coming. Katniss experiences so much and faces new things that would change her life for the better as well as for the worse. 


This book series got me into reading, which I am happy about. It’s a good book series to start reading because of the level of difficulty. I always find myself coming back to this book series when I have nothing else to read! The situation that's going on in the book is entertaining and thrilling because the author is always making a switch. This keeps people interested and reading more and more of the series. 


 These are all reasons why I think that the book "The Hunger Games” is a great series to start someone's reading journey on why people should read it. Overall this book series is a really good series to read. I think everyone should read at least one of the books in this series of The Hunger Games. This is a book with action and adventure, so everyone who loves that kind of stuff in a book. Should read “Hunger Games”.


The author's comments:

This gives you an insight into these books.