The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch | Teen Ink

The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch

February 2, 2024
By Daniel-cast BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Daniel-cast BRONZE, Sacramento, California
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"do or do not; there is no try"


The Eleventh Plague was an experience I wish I could have again. I don't read too often, but this book was beyond what I had originally expected. The Eleventh Plague was written by Jeff Hirsch, who has also written Black River Falls. The Eleventh Plague is a post-apocalyptic book where every family is on their own. Stephen Quinn, who is the main character in this book, has been put in many difficult life choices that could bite back. That’s what makes this book an incredible one.


The Eleventh Plague is about how Stephen would need to make life changing choices that would then bite back. For example, in the beginning of this book, Stephen and his dad see something that could change their life. And after some of the events his trust gets tested upon him. Hush character in general is also a unique way how The Eleventh Plague is a good book. 

Stephen's ability to make difficult life choices is an important part of this book and his character in general. It can have an effect on the other characters and the readers opinion on him too.


Stephen’s character changing 3 times throughout the book has more effects on the other characters. In the beginning he is a character that would take risks for benefiting others, then after some events, he’s someone that would think of himself more and less about others. And then near the end of The Eleventh Plague, Stephen has changed into a character that would take more thought with dilemmas for his community and that could change his family.


The Eleventh Plague's overall message is to show the reader how life is an unstoppable force that will never slow down. And also that there will inevitably be a time where you would be in Stephen's situation and have to be making.


So I would recommend The Eleventh Plague to the readers that enjoy the type of books with suspense and a little bit of action in an environment where the character is being tested beyond their limits.


The author's comments:

I really enjoyed reading The Eleventh Plague, I don't read often but i'd read this book again