Coraline | Teen Ink

Coraline

By JOHANA1207 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
JOHANA1207 BRONZE, Sacramento, California

"i'm not a bad person i just make bad decisions sometimes" -sosa

A lot of books don't keep me completely entertained enough to finish it and usually end up back on the shelf by the next week. But this book continuously Left me with questions for every page I read. 

I genuinely find it hard to read, interpret, and enjoy books but for this one it was so easy to get me hooked on it. What also kept me interested was her relationship with the other weird characters and overall the whole story. Coraline is an adventure/fiction/fantasy book, but not in a “unicorns and fairies” type of way. It has qualities that would interest people of any age which is why I liked it so much. It has a horror aspect while still being kid friendly.  

In the beginning of the book Coraline started  out as an outgoing, free speaking,curious, and stuck up person. After having everything brought to her feet at one place but having nothing at the other, she realizes what she can have, but for a big price and almost losing the most important people to her. After making her final decision it backfires on her she makes things right again but barely makes it out. This caused her whole attitude to change. Realizing she took what she had for granted, she became more aware and grateful for what she had and learned to appreciate everything done for her, even if it's not what she could've had. 

Coraline is a great book because of what it teaches people and it helps people understand the values  of appreciating things in the moment and the way it was wrote out made coraline a very easy book to understand. 

As someone who enjoys these kinds of horror/sci-fi kids books and movies I found it really entertaining and it kept me interested the whole way through. I feel like i see myself in her a lot. I was and still kind of am (but im working on it) stuck up and don't appreciate what i have in the moment and only do when its too late and this book helped me realize i need to change that about myself cause i can lose everything i have in seconds.

the book and movie are both really good but i like the movie more because i'm a movie person