Another One Goes Tonight By Peter Lovesey | Teen Ink

Another One Goes Tonight By Peter Lovesey

By RileyI SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
RileyI SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

"Don't stop when you're tired, stop when you're done."

Are you interested in murder mysteries, or just like to be kept in suspense? If so, Another One Goes Tonight by Peter Lovesey is a great book for you. Throughout this book, suspense is built as you follow the detectives while they try to figure out what happened. The detectives find all sorts of clues as to why it would be the biker who is planning something. Only for another character, that you don’t know much about, to prove them wrong. Another One Goes Tonight is a great book that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Then it finally ends with a surprising plot twist that you definitely didn’t see coming.

Another One Goes Tonight starts with a terrible car accident that nearly kills all three involved. During the accident, a police car hit something and flipped. Out of the police officers the driver dies and the passenger survives, whereas the innocent biker is left on the verge of death. The biker almost goes unnoticed but an officer trying to find out why the car flipped sees the trike up on a fence nearby and goes to investigate. 

As the search continues, the officer finds the biker almost dead and saves his life. In this book you follow the detectives around as they explore the case. As the story continues on you start to think you know what is going to happen next. This story keeps you in suspense up until the very end. You learn a lot about the biker and why the detectives think he isn’t innocent. While searching through the bikers property you find some pieces of evidence that make you agree with the detectives. Throughout all of this you don’t know why the biker does what he does because he is in a coma from the accident. 

At the end you find out you never had to talk or figure out the biker’s side because of a relatively unknown character. With a plot twist as big as this one, you’ll think back and wonder why you didn’t see it sooner. All the clues were there yet you didn’t know what they meant. This  plot twist comes when a character you didn’t give a second thought to does something extremely unexpected. This plot twist makes the story even better because when the detective comes to the conclusion he doesn’t share. Which will leave you believing the detective is doing something wrong. But you don’t know his reasons, until the very end when he saves one of the other characters' lives.

Overall I would encourage you to read Another One Goes Tonight by Peter Lovesy as it keeps you in suspense throughout the whole book. The book starts off with a car accident leaving two people injured and one dead. While reading through the book to figure out what happens, the twists and turns in the plot help to make this story so much more interesting. Personally I believe that Another One Goes Tonight is an incredible book. This book goes to show how much you can look past when you think someone is at fault. This is a book that is great for many different audiences. As one of my favorite books that I’ve read; I’m sure you’ll love it.