Rich Dad vs Poor Dad for Teens Book Review | Teen Ink

Rich Dad vs Poor Dad for Teens Book Review

November 17, 2023
By Andrewhan11 PLATINUM, Jericho, New York
Andrewhan11 PLATINUM, Jericho, New York
29 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Rich Dad vs Poor Dad for Teens is a truly eye-opening book, only one of a few books in my life that I was able to finish in one day and in one sitting. And to my surprise, this astonishing masterpiece by Robert T. Kiyosaki was added into that “one-sitting” collection. Although one might say that it was because it’s only slightly over a hundred pages long, I would argue that while this is true, there are countless other things that make this book so easy to read and helplessly stick to your hands. 

I first heard about this book on Instagram when one famous entrepreneur recommended financial books for teenagers. I was always curious to learn about money and how to make it, and this seemed like a perfect opportunity. Upon arriving at my local library, I realized that there was a whole sequence of these “Rich Dad vs Poor Dad” books by Kiyosaki. My eyes were all over the place, trying to pick which one to borrow first. Seeing my struggle, the librarian kindly offered to borrow the whole sequence, saying: “We want you to get rich.” And as soon as I got home, I decided to start off with this one because of its name. I mean I am a teen, and this book says it’s specifically for teens. All cards matched up. I flipped the plastic cover to the first page. 

That was probably one of the best decisions of my life. Sitting through the rainy afternoon, I didn’t notice as the time flew by until there were no more pages to flip. The book was an engaging journey that introduced me to the fundamental concepts of financial intelligence that I was previously craving for. Kiyosaki's unique approach involves the contrasting perspectives of two father figures – the rich dad, an entrepreneur known for financial strategies, and the poor dad, a well-educated individual with a stable job but limited financial acumen. This dichotomy sets the stage for a compelling narrative that not only imparts practical financial lessons but also encourages critical thinking about money matters. This inspired me to think about my dad and even which “dad” I want to be when I grow up.