Tweak :Growing up on Methamphetamines.

Tweak is a graphic and heart wrenching memoir about the life as a young man addict. Nic Sheff takes his writing to another level by making the reader feel like they are following him in his horrible journey through addiction, rehab, and what appears to be love. While visiting San Fransisco Nic runs into his ex-girlfriend and that is the start of his life spiraling completely out of control. Nic does everything from dealing drugs to breaking into his own family's house to support his habit. You see inside a crumbling young man who had the world at his fingertips. It makes you grateful for what you have in this world and you realize that anything can take what you have away. By the end of this memoir you will be amazed at the depth and detail Nic Sheff put into this piece of work. This book was one of the most difficult books to read, but for some reason you can not just put it down. I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone.

savanna said...
i LOVED this book,its deff somthing that should be read.but not for younger kids,teenagers tho

Alice-Never-More said...
Apr. 20, 2010 at 11:48 am
I just started reading this book about three days ago and already I'm halfway into it. I toally agree that this book is amazing. Very good review my fried. Five stars.

Peace420 said...
OMG!!!! I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jaquie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 19, 2009 at 6:51 am
You wrote a great review. - I'll definitely be looking into this book.
God bless,
...,

SilverDawn said...
Hey, i'm reading this book at the moment and your description of it is a perfect match! also, your choice of words make your review sound very appealing and it's short and not long-and-scary (: and i agree, the amount of detail Nic put into it makes me admire his good memory, even though he was on drugs.