Snitch by Allison Van Diepen | Teen Ink

Snitch by Allison Van Diepen

January 25, 2023
By _Jacelne_ BRONZE, Sacramento, California
_Jacelne_ BRONZE, Sacramento, California
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
“You were born to be real, not to be perfect.” -unknown


Allison Van Diepen who wrote Snitch  must know how to pique teenagers' interest. It piqued my interest as a teen. I never really liked reading books at first until I read Snitch .This book can make me forget what is around me and keeps me reading which many books can’t  make me. The dialogue in the book is amazing. It gives the viszule of what's happening in the book.  The words in the book might be a little explicit but that's what gives it the great way to show what it means by the title “snitch”  going on with a quote in the book “snitches get stitches”.  At first you might not get into it since it's just a  normal teen noval it can get addicting and pull you into it to keep reading.


Snitch is about a girl named Julia Divino who would never ever join a gang even if all her friends were in one. She put discipline to herself enough to follow the right path and keep doing school and passing. Well that's before she met this one boy who might have changed her way and got caught up in a gang.


Eric Valiente, the guy who made her change just because he caught her eyes in many different ways. He’s mysterious and likes to keep to himself. He's a new transfer student that transfers into South bay where there are many Crips and Bloods that walk around school trying to go against each other and rowdy up a storm in the school hallways and following out to the streets where it all goes down. 


This young teen novel is crazy. The story line gets very interesting which keeps you reading to find out what's going to happen next and gets you engaged. This book can be the next one you pick up to captivate you the way it did to me when I first picked it.