Boost Book Review | Teen Ink

Boost Book Review

November 17, 2022
By marissaidalski BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
marissaidalski BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Savvy is a 14-year-old girl with big dreams to play college ball for the Lady Volunteers. With a height of 6 foot 2 inches, Savvy has an opportunity of a lifetime to play on the 18s for a local travel team called Fire. After just moving from New Mexico to Rhode Island, Savvy barely has any friends. Right now her only friends are Gonzo, and her bratty sister, Callie, who always gets what she wants. After some sort of beast starts to ambush Savvy’s aunt's sheep, Savvy now has to train a new sheep dog, while proving to her coach that she should be her team's starting center. Later on, Callie tried out for the cheerleading team but learns she needs to lose weight to keep her position on the team, Savvy also at the time is being framed for something despicable. This book exhibits how far Savvy and Callie will go to pursue their dreams.

As you start to read this book, not only will you start to appreciate your family in your life but understand people might do things that you're definitely not expecting. Boost is a book about family importance and redemption. While getting toward the climax Kathy Mackel had me dying to get answers. Boost is a great work of realistic fiction. As you read on you'll start to catch on that people can change. Sometimes that's a good change while sometimes things go horribly wrong. I would highly recommend this book to young adults looking for a good mystery and a little romance. As a person who plays basketball, this book was super easy to catch on to, and I did not want to stop reading. As well as someone who never even touched a basketball in their life, can easily get touched by this book.