Witches, Pumpkins, and Grinning Ghosts. The story of Halloween symbols. | Teen Ink

Witches, Pumpkins, and Grinning Ghosts. The story of Halloween symbols.

Book Review Outline
Book title and author: Witches, Pumpkins, and Grinning Ghosts. The story of Halloween symbols. By- Edna Barth
Title of review: The history of Halloween and its symbols.
Number of stars (1 to 5): 5

Introduction

The main idea of the book is to tell the history of Halloween, its symbols, and how it began. The author’s purpose is to inform you of how Halloween started and meaning of the symbols. The purpose of this review is to tell how great this book is and to see if you would like to read the book.

Description and summary of main points

The book is mainly about Halloween, it’s symbols, and how it began. The book will describe the history of like the meaning of it, why people celebrate it, and the meaning of the symbol like skeletons, pumpkins, witches, ghost, goblins, and etcetera. The author did a good job of covering the main idea of her book. In the beginning of the book it tells about early Halloween and how on Halloween they would celebrate the harvest and the spirits. The middle of the book talks about the symbols of Halloween, their meaning, how they got started, when they got started, and were they got started at. In the middle of the book it also talks about what the colors mean like black stands for death and orange stands for the harvest. At the end of the book it talks about Halloween today, how we celebrate Halloween, the costumes we were, what we eat on Halloween, and also talks about how and why we trick or treat on Halloween and how trick or treat originally started.

Evaluation

The book was very interesting. It stayed on the topic and was well organized. I do think the author achieved he goal of the book. I think this book went above and beyond any books I have read on Halloween.

Conclusion

The book is about Halloweens its symbols. It tells about what Halloween means, how it started, and where it got started. It also talks about the meaning of Halloweens symbols, where they came from, and what the colors of Halloween and the symbols represent. I really enjoyed reading this book and would recommend it to any one that has an interest in this type of subject.

Your final review
The book was really good. I really enjoyed reading it and learning about Halloween. This book was awesome and would recommend it to any one how like this type of books.