Gossip Girl | Teen Ink

Gossip Girl

June 3, 2009
By ImaGoddess BRONZE, West Linn, Oregon
ImaGoddess BRONZE, West Linn, Oregon
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The book Gossip Girl is written by Cecily von Ziegasar was the best book I have ever read. It made me relate my social life, boys, gossip, rumors, lying, and drama. And I am just getting started. Gossip girl is the first in a long series of books. Serena has returned from boarding school and the reason is unknown. Drama is in the New York air and it is as fresh, and unrealistic as ever.


Blair, Serena's supposedly best friend, is extremely annoyed with Serena. The reason being, Serena, coming back from boarding school without an effort of communication, and expecting her queen b title back, just because she is perfect in almost everyway. Well, Blair is not giving it up with out a fight. Serena doesn't understand why Blair isn't going out of her way to welcome the princess back. No matter all that they have been through Blair is going to through all that out the window just because of a year of no communication? Without even trying to figure out the situation first? Maybe there is more to it?


What Blair doesn't know is that Serena, before going to boarding school, hooked up with Blair's current boyfriend Nate. At the time they were both single. But that is a secret Serena will never tell for if she did their friendship would be over. Especially now, that she is thinking of taking her relationship with Nate to the next level.


Things in Blair's life aren't going as planned. First Serena, then her mother marries a crazy man named Cyrus Rose. Then, just in time Blair finds out about Serena and Nate's wild night. So just before her big party she is single.
One of my many favorite things in this book was the narration. Gossip Girl by far is my favorite character in the book, because she is a mystery. Nobody knows who she is. Every once in a while, after some chapters, she has a website page where she dishes it where it's at. Gossip girl isn't the nicest character but she is the most important, for without her the book doesn't exist.
This series is jam-packed with questions, un-realistic answers, characters, and suspense. It is a real page turner. I have only begun telling you the stories. There are way more characters and problems in this addicting book. But that is for you to find out your self.