Warriors Firestar’s Quest | Teen Ink

Warriors Firestar’s Quest

June 7, 2009
By Logan_K BRONZE, West Linn, Oregon
Logan_K BRONZE, West Linn, Oregon
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

In this book I like the fact that Erin Hunter makes the action start almost instantly. Of course I like that it is fantasy as well.
Firestar, the main character, is a very disciplined cat which almost gives you a sense of respect for him. He hardly displays his emotions throughout the novel, really the only way you can tell he has feelings is through the author’s words. Because of this he is leader of Thunderclan. There are four clans that live in the forest Thunderclan which as I have explained Firestar leads, Shadowclan, Windclan and Riverclan.
In the beginning Firestar is leading his clan and everything is fairly fine. The novel jumps into action very quickly as Firestar starts having dreams where there are several cats running from something. Little does he know that they’re running away from their own fate. When Firestar goes to the moonrock to consult with Starclan, a clan made up of all four clans ancestors, he finds the truth.
Starclan has lied to him, for over ten generations Starclan lied. There were once five clans in the forest as Bluestar, the former Thunderclan leader had told Firestar after he had decided how much pain it would cause him to not know the truth. The fifth clan was Skyclan. After Bluestar had told him that, he knew who those cats running were, the lost Skyclan. Then Bluestar explained to Firestar how twolegs, A.K.A humans destroyed Skyclans’ part of the forest to make way for their homes.
The fact that Firestar now knew the truth did nothing to help with his dreams; he was still having the dream of Skyclan running away from their original home. For about three days he had to deal with the horrible dreams. When he was hunting one of the kittypets that he used to live with smudge came over and told him that he had been having the same dreams as Firestar. When Firestar heard that he went to sleep outside of the twoleg house that smudge lived in. As Firestar had presumed when he slept there he was able to talk directly to the ancient Skyclan leader, Cloudstar while he was dreaming. A pretty interesting presumption I thought.
There in his dream Cloudstar told Firestar that he needed to save Skyclan to bring the cats out there back together. Firestar had huge reason to question Cloudstar and he did but Cloudstar won the argument because of Firestars compassion. So the next morning Firestar told his clan of where he was going then left with sandstorm. Firestar had quite a few arguments from his clan all of them with a lot of reason, but Firestar had to put that aside and think of what was the real problem the endangerment of Skyclan.
Sandstorm is a pretty energetic cat, although she is a little bit older than Firestar she doesn’t act like it. She definitely is mature for her age but she isn’t as mature as Firestar. She certainly doesn’t have as well of control over her emotions as Firestar. It may not have been the best idea to bring sandstorm with him but Firestar could not win against sandstorm in any argument. She may not have quite the intelligence of Firestar (although she was pretty smart) she had the sharpest tongue.
The journey to Skyclans camp was very treacherous Firestar almost lost Sandstorm and thought he would never see her again he was lucky he found her, even with the help of some rouges. When Firestar and Sandstorm finally came all they found was frustration. There were signs that Skyclan had once lived there but now they were all gone. I am definitely not going to tell you what happens so you will have to find out for yourself. I recommend starting with the first book Into the Wild then the five books after that and not starting with Firestars Quest. If you love fantasy are looking for a good read come snatch this book out of your local library. I think this book is the second best book I’ve read, and maybe the best book you will ever read if you like books that start quick