Warriors: The Darkest Hour | Teen Ink

Warriors: The Darkest Hour

June 1, 2009
By Michael Megrath BRONZE, West Linn, Oregon
Michael Megrath BRONZE, West Linn, Oregon
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Warriors series takes place in a forest near neighborhoods and could be current day. I don't know what it is like being a cat. But this book made me feel like I was the main character of the book. This book is about a cat named Rusty that was very adventurous but never left his owners until he had a dream about catching mice in the forest. He decides to go out to the forest. In the forest he finds a clan willing to take him in called the ThunderClan---although half the clan does not like him. They will have to get used to him. Rusty becomes a new apprentice with the name Firepaw. Soon he is named Firetheart, a warrior name and he has many adventures.

After the death of their leader Bluestar, Fireheart becomes the leader and his name changes to Firestar. Taking Bluestar's place, he gets nine lives and receives a prophecy “four will become two; Lion and Tiger will meet in battle, and blood will rule the forest”. The RiverClan and ShadowClan come together to form TigerClan. The TigerClan gives ThunderClan and WindClan a chance to join their clan. They decline and form LionClan. Then Tigerstar (of the TigerClan) brings the BloodClan into the forest where they try to rule the whole forest and are forcing all the clans to leave. Tigerstar did not anticipate that the BloodClan would try and take over. The Tiger and LionClans join together to try and overthrow the BloodClan. You'll have to read the book to find out if they are successful.
I personally liked this book and series. When my cousin first recommended these books to me, I was not very interested. Eventually, when I did start to read them, I couldn't put them down. I would stay up later than usual to read them. When I finished a book, I needed to get the next book in the series as soon as possible. I highly recommend these books to someone seeking an adventure and animal nature genre.