Go Ask Alice | Teen Ink

Go Ask Alice

By Jarret Lin BRONZE, Honolulu, Hawaii
Jarret Lin BRONZE, Honolulu, Hawaii

Go Ask Alice, written anonymously, is not a book that I would recommend for those under the age of 13, or for people who do not like to have bad ideas stuck in their head. It can have a bad influence in kids. It discusses all kinds of drugs, for example: LSD, acid, meth, speed, etc.
Go Ask Alice is about an unnamed 15 year old girl who heard frightening stories about people who take drugs. She also thinks that it will be a special time when she loses her virginity. One day, she goes to her friend’s party thinking that it is safe. But the drinks had LSD in them, and that is when the girl’s life started changing. She keeps on saying that she will not take anymore drugs, but everytime she meets someone, the person she meets somehow always has some sort of drug. This causes bad things to happen to her.
For example, she sells drugs to kids who are in school, even kids who are only ten years old. Another example is that she gets oversexed. She even leaves home to make a living. It starts off great because she finds a job that pays well. The girl’s boss invites her to a party. But at the party, she gets raped and uses more drugs. She decides to go back home to start back at school. As you can see, this book shows how a girl gets addicted to drugs.
I think that this book is very interesting throughout the book. The most memorable part is when she leaves her home and makes her own living because she is not that old and she does not have much experience. That made me wonder how she could live with that. The least memorable parts of this book is when she keeps on saying she loves someone because it constantly happens. I would rate this book a 10 as in well written. It also kept the reader interested the whole way.

*BABY* said...
on Sep. 8 2009 at 10:55 pm
I read this book it was really good if you haven't read it your missing out on a really good book!