Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown | Teen Ink

Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

By chris bueno BRONZE, Honolulu, Hawaii
chris bueno BRONZE, Honolulu, Hawaii

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was an interesting book with many twists in the plot. It constantly made me guess what might happen next. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone on this world that can read. I was constantly on my toes while reading The Da Vinci Code as the search for the Holy Grail unfolded.
The Da Vinci Code is about Robert Langdon, a Harvard professor who studies religious symbols. He is visiting France when he finds out a curator he is supposed to meet with has been murdered. He then meets Sophie Neveu, a cryptologist and the victim’s granddaughter. Together, they try to figure out who is the murderer. Sophie then reveals that he is a suspect, and they are forced to go on the run. Together, they run around France trying to solve codes that leads them to, what they think is the murderer, but their search becomes one for the Holy Grail.
The Da Vinci Code is a book I would recommend to anyone. I can’t express how stupendous The Da Vinci Code is. There are lots of allegorical allusions, and monuments the characters visit are all real. For example, Robert and Sophie find little details in painting like the Mona Lisa and The Last Supper, both painted by Leonardo Da Vinci. Also I recommend reading the “special illustrated edition” because it shows the analyzed paintings and what the churches they visit look like.

This book is a must-read. It’s so thrilling, and the details allow it to unfold like a movie.