Last Shot by John Feinstein This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Last Shot: A Final Four ­Mystery is a thriller about Stevie and Susan, two 14-year-olds who win an essay contest and are invited to be student ­reporters during the NCAA Final Four basketball tournament. Winning the contest is an opportunity of a lifetime, but what they overhear while covering the tournament could ­impact the outcome of the games – and their trip.

This book is suspenseful yet humorous, and author John ­Feinstein does a great job ­keeping the reader guessing. I especially enjoyed the novel because it relates to sports, a passion of mine. Feinstein makes you believe that the story is actually true, rather than fiction, by using real NCAA teams and their coaches.

The story is very well written; I would definitely like to read another book by Feinstein. I highly recommend Last Shot to anyone who loves mystery with a little humor, especially if you love sports. However, you will need to read the book to find out if Stevie and Susan solve the mystery!

twilight_teen14 said...
omg i love this book and all the rest too!