The Lost Painting | Teen Ink

The Lost Painting

May 22, 2009
By Anonymous

The Lost Painting by Johnathan Harr is about the lost painting of famous artist of the 1600’s. This book was very detailed and well written, but it was a little difficult to understand for someone of my age. So there for I think that this book was intended for a more mature audience, but never the less it was still a good book. Actually it was a great book.
In this story the author starts with talking about an old man who is very wise and intelligent. He walks into a restaurant sets down with a group of his friends to eat. He talks to them, someone asks a question of the old man and he begins to tell a story. Then it goes into part two. In part two a young woman is in college and is studying art. She wants to find a long lost original painting of a great artist. She’s about to give up all hope until she talks to an old friend and thinks she may have found it. Part three sums it all up new character is revealed the mystery is solved or at least most of it.
This book was written to entertain its audience but, it also informs you about the ancient art of an artist alive a very long time ago. It is very interesting, the author used vivid details to make it seem like you were there. One thing about this story that I wasn’t really fond of was how he wrote three different parts it but, he made it all come together in the end. He did use very colorful vocabulary which made the story more interesting and everything made perfect since. I think that this story reach any goals or expectations it needed to.
The Lost Painting was a great book once you start reading it you don’t want to put it down. The author has a way of making the story just brilliant. Everything just seemed to come together in the end. It made the book complete. I think it was intended for a more mature audience, but I could still understand most of it. It was a great book and I recommend it to anyone and everyone.


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.